Troubleshooting tips for PC / USB connections:
- Try a different cable
- Try a different USB port on the PC
- If the PC has USB 3 ports, try non-USB3 ports etc.
- PC Anti-virus Software
We know that sometimes Norton Internet Security, AVG, McAfee, and Trend Micro Antivirus / Firewall software can cause the Navigator not to connect properly, or to disconnect. If you have any of these programs running on your PC, try disabling the Anti-Virus and/or Firewall component(s) while your Navigator is connected to the PC.
- Make sure the Navigator is NOT connected while installing software
- If you disconnect and reconnect the Navigator to the PC, wait at least 5 seconds after unplugging BEFORE plugging in again
- Remember, your Navigator can connect in different modes, USB or Mass Storage mode, and Sync mode.
- When using in Sync mode, you will need to install additional software to make the connection:
Windows Vista, 7 or 8: Windows Mobile Device Centre